vlix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killing on a counter

4 posters

Go down

Killing on a counter Empty Killing on a counter

Post  Raisin bran Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:17 pm

If we are on a counter, it is very important that they don't recoup numbers since it relys on catching the opponent off guard. As such, if the opponent has 2/3 smoking planes left redundant by our pro clear and break away, it is probably worth leaving them to wallow in their own misery and you go to join the counter movement.

Exceptions are of course if they are clearly going to kill you before you add any value to our counter, or if they're clearly on their way back to defend at high speed; I'm talking about ones floating around very near our goal and are pretty much dead.

Killing these little leftovers will just put them right back at their spawn at with full health ready to defend. Killing them will also momentarily (and sometimes longer if the opponent is an escape artist) take you, (our new exciting and much valued addition to the push) out of the game needlessly, diminishing the strength of our quick attack. It's the most frustrating thing in ladder to see people chasing idol kills around/behind our goals when we are on the attack if they pose no real threat!

The ideal situation here is if there are 2/3 smokey planes at our end, and an emp just throws one at them quickly before jetting off to the attack. That way they can't even afterburn for a few vital seconds, or attack our temporarily shielded new spawners nearly as effectively.

Comments/criticisms to my point are always encouraged. It's just here to make you think.
Raisin bran
Raisin bran

Back to top Go down

Killing on a counter Empty Re: Killing on a counter

Post  Don Quijote Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 am

In a enemy counter if I am at the enemy's goal I try to let the whales alive but damaged an emped.
If I am damaged I don't run away, it is faster die and spaw near our goal with 100% of live.
But there are tons of nuances
Don Quijote
Don Quijote

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragnorak Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:26 am

i shoot shit - in order to clarify for the mythical beast below i agree with rai, i am unlikely to chase a loopy unless i am particularly stoned and /or he is particularly shiny

Last edited by Ragnorak on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Ragnorak
Ragnorak

Back to top Go down

Post  `Unicorn Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:05 am

That's good Rag, but it's also important to know when it's better to keep someone alive.
Damaged plane can't do anything in defence.
`Unicorn
`Unicorn
artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum